[GRLUG] RFCs, LaTeX and metadata.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:30:35 EDT 2011

If you check out http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcxx00.html , you can get
a listing of all current, non-obsoleted RFCs.

I'd like to get all of these into a single, well-organized ePub, so I
can throw it on the Nook and read them in a reflowable format. I
*think* LaTeX is probably the best starting place. However, I (a)
don't know LaTeX well at all, and (b), I'd like to work on it with
people who know it well enough to help me avoid making stupid
mistakes.

(Little is more annoying than spending a weeks' worth of free time on
something, only to be told at the end, "why didn't you do it this
way?" ... Actually, that's how my last vacation was spent.)

The source documents are all preformatted plaintext. To my knowledge,
that's generally their original format, as well. Conversion to a
reflowable format will require a lot of manual work.