[GRLUG] HDs

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Thu Jul 28 17:20:33 EDT 2011

On 7/28/2011 5:05 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> At 04:00 PM 7/28/2011, you wrote:
>> Maybe try SpinRite?
>> <http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm>http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm
>
> Tried that on the 1st drive that failed - it killed it big time.
>
>         TFTR,
>
>         Lee

I remember spinrite performing miracles in the past. Been a long time
since I've used that one.  Has the product done down hill or is it the
drive maybe.

I'm sure there are others with more experience on the topic, but could
it be the usb adapter? At least the problem of spinrite killing it? I'd
have plugged it in directly when I broke out a tool like that. I guess I
just wouldn't trust the USB adapters that level of access.

Dave