[GRLUG] hacked

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jul 27 18:23:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 16:59 -0400, Mike Williams wrote:
> I second the LastPass suggestion. It's really the only viable way to
> maintain complex, unguessable, and unique passwords without having
> some kind of mutant password-memorizing superbrain.

Huh, I must have one of those.

Just to go on record: I dismiss the notion that an adult human can't
trivially memorize a ten character 'random' string as total and absolute
bull crap.

If you have trouble memorizing a ten character string you should
immediately make an appointment with a mental health professional;  soon
it will be an inability to memorize eight characters, then six
characters, then you'll get lost finding your way home [which requires
the equivalent of terabytes of information].