[GRLUG] hacked

Rob Steenwyk rsteenwyk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:49:38 EDT 2011

Definitely make sure you change passwords on all your accounts. Before you
do this I recommend using some sort of password manager utility. I am
preferential to Lastpass for the ease of use with the browser plugins.
Keepass is a great open source alternative.

Once you have a password manager in place, make your passwords stupidly long
and complex, you don't need to remember them anymore. And don't use the same
password twice. Make sure the password to your password database is very
secure, use upper and lower case letters, special characters and numbers.
Ex. C at seyDubo1slivesinGrandRapids

If you want to be extra secure and paranoid, switch to Gmail and utilize
their two-factor authentication. Once you have that in place, if someone
tries to access the account from a new computer they will need a PIN code.
If you have a Android or iPhone you download a Google Authenticator app that
generates a pin code for you, or they will text you one over SMS if you
don't have a smart phone.

Rob Steenwyk
rsteenwyk at gmail.com
616-723-0226