[GRLUG] Any industrial folks around?

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Tue Jul 5 15:27:22 EDT 2011

I worked for Diamond Phoenix, doing warehouse automation and carousels
some years ago, but they were a Windows shop. I know their stuff at the
time ran RS232 out the serial port into a gadget that converted it to
RS485, which handled multiple devices on the same network segment. We
also did some conveyor control stuff through Allen-Bradley PLC's, and I
was fascinated by the ladder logic they used. I'm afraid I never had a
chance to learn to write it though.