[GRLUG] greetings from new member

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 3 00:38:33 EDT 2011

Hi there, and welcome to the group!

If you've only been lurking for a couple days, there are a couple things you may have missed:

1. We have an IRC channel on FreeNode (#grlug).  There are usually between 20-30 people in the room at any given time, so feel free to stop by and say "Hi!".  Keep in mind that there are a lot of lurkers, so if you don't get a reply immediately, give it a couple hours.  It's usually most active and least lurker-y during the times everyone's supposed to be working.

2. The Wednesday Socials.  We meet on Wednesday nights from 8:00pm-10:00pm, currently at Starbucks at the Byron Center exit of M-6.  Attendance to that has been really really good as of late - so much so that we switched to Starbucks last week for the extra space.  So, if you want some interesting conversation and to meet other Linux geeks in-person, stop by and look for the big group of strange looking people with laptops, netbooks, various cables, power strips and extension cords.

- Kyle