[GRLUG] Broject BOCSY

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:06:41 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ok, first order of the day: Redundancy, automated failover,
>> invitational penn testing contests and lessons in principles of risk
>> distribution.
>>

> This was my first thought after reading this as well.  They are
> putting a lot on one (huge)box.

> My second thought was they are most
> likely a hell of a lot smarter than I, so they must have a plan.

I've learned never to make that assumption. Nonetheless, it looks like
it would be a very interesting problem to examine and be involved in.
I get the impression they're inclusive about involvement; no way to
see that concerns are addressed without raising them, and no surer way
to see that they're addressed without addressing them yourself.

I just wish they had something other than phpBB; phpBB is the absolute
worst medium of communication for me; it rarely ties in nicely with
email, RSS, XMPP, IRC, NNTP or any of these other nice mechanisms I'm
familiar and comfortable with.