[GRLUG] Debian Stable SuperBowl Installfest - date and place ideas

John Harig radiodurans at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 21:38:43 EST 2011

Hey everyone,

Every few years a great distribution goes stable . . . and Debian 6 Squeeze is slated to go stable Feb 5/6.  Now Feb 6 is Superbowl Sunday, so it might be a great time to meet up at a bar, do an installfest, and those that want to could stay for the game.

On the other hand, it could be a bad thing that it is Superbowl Sunday (kickoff is at 6:30PM), and maybe Valentine's Day weekend Sunday Feb 13 would be better.

There is also the question of where . . . there are 3 places that I thought of:

Sunday Feb 6, Uccello's, 2630 East Beltline Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI - there is a happy hour group I see renting out a private room with a big screen and private waitress for $4 a person for 40-45 people starting at 3:30pm.  If I knew how many people were interested at least a week in advance I could tell them to reserve X seats for our group and we could do an installfest and those who wanted to could stay and watch the game. They told me they have wifi.

Sunday Feb 6, 4pm, Cambridge House, 600 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI.  Downtown with free parking lot open on Sundays. They will have a couple 40 in screens for the game and they have wifi. This would probably be one of the slower pubs that day.

Sunday Feb 6, 3pm, Woody's Press Box, 5656 Clyde Park SW Wyoming, MI 49509. Their Superbowl events start at 5pm.

Other choices: Pushing it back to Sunday Feb 13 at any one of those places
or . . .

Does anyone have any suggestions for a time and place to have a Debian Stable SuperBowl Installfest?

If so, let me know!  I'd like to paste a poll on Doodle ASAP to narrow down the choices.

John