[GRLUG] Time Clocks and Software

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:08:27 EST 2011

Our ancient time clock software (made for Win3.1, running in a Win98
VM for the last 3 years) finally took a crap and I convinced the boss
it's better to get something new than to waste time trying to
resurrect it. I also won't miss the time clocks that run over a 9600
baud serial modem.

So does anyone have suggestions for a time clock and associated
(preferably FOSS) program? We just need something that takes [card
swipes | rfid reads| etc] as employees come in and out of the shop. It
cannot be software-only as these are shop employees without a
computer. Also a fingerprint reader are out as these are incredibly
grubby fingers. All I really need is some sort of access to a dump of
the punch times, but more featureful programs are welcome.

--
  Ben Rousch
  brousch at gmail.com
  http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/