[GRLUG] TEDxGrandRapids

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:17:32 EST 2011

I realize you all have your finger on the pulse of everything awesome
in Grand Rapids, but just in case anyone missed it I thought I'd let
you know about an upcoming TEDx event here. I am a big fan of TED
talks so I'm excited to see this happening nearby.

If you're unfamiliar with TED, head over to their web site, pick a
talk that looks interesting to you, and watch it. You will learn new
and interesting things from every presentation. TEDx is independently
organized and run versions of TED.

From the TEDxGrandRapids web site:
"In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program
called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that
bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is
called TEDxGrandRapids, where x = independently organized TED event.
At our TEDxGrandRapids event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will
combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The
TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but
individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized."

They are looking for sponsors and volunteers for various tasks, so
check out the web site and get involved in whatever way you can.

http://www.tedxgrandrapids.org/

--
  Ben Rousch
  brousch at gmail.com