[GRLUG] OT, .. simple backup tool?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 12:04:51 EST 2011

Try:

xcopy %USERPROFILE% %BACKUPTARGETPLACE% /s /c /d /e /h /i /r /y

I'm not personally familiar with xcopy, but that's better than hardcoding
C:\...%USERNAME%. Documents and Setings became Users in Win7 and XP, and
it's always been recommended to use environment variables and such for
finding system-significant path.

Also of interest are %APPDATA% and %LOCALDATA%, but backing up %USERPROFILE%
should scoop those up as well.