[GRLUG] rsync help

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Sun Feb 27 16:17:14 EST 2011

Ok, I have a new machine, and I started copying the home dir from my old
one to it.  It ran for about 18 hours, copying TONS and then dropped the
connection.

Now I need to continue, but I have no idea really what's been done and
what hasn't.  I'm thinking rsync is what I want to continue the transfer,
but I've only used it a couple times.

What command would I use to move all the files from my local dir to the
remote machine, using rsync so that it doesn't re-transfer all the stuff
that's already there?

topher