[GRLUG] Best wifi manager for a desktop

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Sat Feb 26 15:20:26 EST 2011

The wifi in my desktop works fine, I can bring it up with iwconfig.  I've
always used wicd on my laptops, and it's not working for me for wifi on
this desktop.  I'm not sure why.

That said, I'm not actually going to be roaming much with this thing
(ever), what would be the best option for me for starting wifi properly
every time I boot?  I kind of like the idea of scripting what I do
manually on the command line, but I'm not sure the best way to get it
done.  rc.local?

Anyway, any suggestions?  I'm using neither gnome nor kde, so apps that
require them are out.

Topher