[GRLUG] Co-location hosting in or near GR/Muskegon

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Feb 14 11:38:18 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 08:14:44AM -0800, Joseph McLaughlin wrote:
> I don't mean to upset anyone.  Last I checked I don't have a boat.
> Lake Michigan does not have a tide.  I live on dry land and the voodoo
> economics of the past probably will never work.

Sure it has a tide.  It's not as noticeable as the ocean, but it has a
tide.

> The tea ers want to cut spending ---- ok They want to cut 100 billion
> Their party cut that to 32 billion

Actually, what both the president and the Congress are calling for is a
reduction in the overspending, not a cut.  If I decide my personal
budget is going to be $1,000,000 but then realize my income is nowhere
near enough and I cut that budget to $500,000, have I really cut
anything?

> They (you pick the party) think we are stupid... the current overdraft
> is at 1 trillion or more..  (try putting a terabyte of hard drive data
> on a 32GB usb drive....
>
> My opinion is to stop the wars --- Iraq Afghanistan Drugs Legalize
> pot, tax it, I would be glad to relax once or twice...

And we'd still see trillion dollar deficits.  The wars aren't causing
it; entitlement spending is causing trillion of dollars in deficits.
Anyone want to cut that?

To make this even remotely related to Linux, I had an xorg crash today.
I clicked on a program and x dropped out completely.  That hasn't
happened in forever.  And that makes me happy.  :-)
--
john-thomas
------