[GRLUG] Debian Release Party

Ryan Pusztai rpusztai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:03:14 EST 2011

Steve,

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not know about the ppa's.  I doubt it is a good idea.  I had to break
> ranks with win 1.3 and just use dpkg -i with the mepis deb.  It workd for
> me, but ymmv.

You are probably right. I enabled "unstable" repos and fixed almost all my
issues of packages being older that I am used to in Ubuntu. Also the
Unstable repo seems.. well pretty stable for my desktop. In no way am I
saying to this on a server, but for my home PC it is working great.

Also I found a great Debian PPA by Hadret.
http://hadret.rootnode.net/
<http://hadret.rootnode.net/>It seems like many use this. It has a few
packages I really use like Nautilus Elementary.
--
Regards,
Ryan