[GRLUG] Debian Release Party

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:36:38 EST 2011

>From what you say, I don't see myself
stampeding to install it.  I guess other
questions might be whether a lot of people
use it on servers, and then whether that
would be better than one of the X-BSD
distributions.

I guess I should say that I don't make very
exotic use of Kubuntu, so it's stability is
adequate for what I do.  I think you're
suggesting that the apps on Debian are
wanting in some cases.

Since for many it's the apps more than it
is the distribution, that would be of concern.
We are "Linux Users," meaning that probably
many distributions have a solid core package,
but what matters is the do-dads hung on
them, and how well those versions work.
The apps that people actually use, and in
some cases get paid to run and support, and
not to be confused with the OS and Linux
per se.

   -- Bob