[GRLUG] xoom/embedded youtube issue

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Wed Dec 21 12:46:35 EST 2011

On my xoom, I was listening to the embedded YouTube presentation by Jim
Vasile on the freedomboxfoundation.org site using the default browser.
The 4-minute plus presentation ran fine up to about the 2:50 mark and
then stopped. It was like it was trying to download more to the buffer,
but never succeeded in doing so.

When I tried the same site/presentation on my laptop, it worked fine all
the way through.

When I try to view the video directly at YouTube using the default
browser on my xoom, it hangs up after about a minute or so. Repeatedly.

So my question is whether there's something in Xoom or in the default
browser or in Flash that's limiting the size of the YouTube download?

Or any other ideas about what might be causing this.

Thanks.