[GRLUG] Roku, boxee, etc

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:40:31 EST 2011

Be aware that the units I have checked (Apple TV 2, Sony Dash) do not
play Hulu free, just Hulu Plus.

Also, when Woot.com offered a Chumby 8, there was no mention of
Netflix service (which does work with most of the others mentioned).
Doesn't mean it doesn't do Netflix, but that should be a basic
assumption. (btw, my Sony Dash [Chumby version] plays Netflix, but
sometimes spends way too long rebuffering)

Not having used the Roku variant, I would be glad to get one now,
either v1 or v2, except that I have a sufficient supply of Netflix
players at the moment.

--Don Ellis