[GRLUG] Multiple Graphics cards on Ubuntu

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:55:51 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Anyone have experience/suggestions on getting multiple Graphics cards
> working with Ubuntu (10.4)?
>
> I have 3 different nvidia cards that are seen by the system but I can only
> display on 2 screens using 1 card.

nVidia or ATI should work fine. I've run dual-GPU of both brands on
10.04. Installing an up-to-date nVidia *or* ATI driver should let you
run cards that came out after 10.04 was released. I also recall that
my Radeon 5770 required newer drivers than shipped with 10.04.

It sounds more like you need to tweak and poke with the nvidia-settings command.