[GRLUG] installing MySQL

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:56:49 EST 2011

Edward, it was nice to meet you last night. Hopefully we'll continue
to see you at the meetings.

As we discussed, there is an easy way to install a LAMP server into
Ubuntu. It's called tasksel. This page will get you started with it:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

There's also a good page for getting PhpMyAdmin up and running after
LAMP is installed: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/phpMyAdmin

If you have any more questions, you know where to ask.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Edward Crawford
<ecrawford at ejccompany.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'd like to get MySQL up & running on my Ubuntu machine to use as a data
> store for a Java app. Can anyone help me with this Wednesday night?
>
> Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> ejc

> believed to be clean.

 Ben Rousch