[GRLUG] MS Word attachments problem

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Dec 15 07:28:54 EST 2011

My wife sent some letters of recommendation as attachments. The
recipient says they can't open them--but the letters open fine on my
Linux box with LibreOffice and also on my Win 7 box with MS Word. She
sent them from her MacBook that uses an old version of MS Word. They're
letters that she received from the referees. Other attachments in the
same email package she sent apparently opened OK.

Presumably there's something in the docs that their security system
doesn't like. I'd like to clean them up in Win7 Word 2010 and resend
them but I don't know what to look for. As far as I can tell, there
aren't any macros in any of the letters.

Any insight?

Thanks.