[GRLUG] TV Tuner cards for Linux

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:35:47 EST 2011

Your best bet is to head over to the MythTV wiki.  They list the cards
that work.
In my personal experience, the Hauppauge cards work best.

But the problem today is that everything is digital.

When I recorded OTA TV, I used an HDHomeRun - which supports both HD
broadcast and ClearQAM via cable.  The problem is that no cable
provider uses ClearQAM - they all encrypt all their channels.

My current setup is a Hauppauge WinTV USB tuner (because the small box
I am using for a DVR won't let me put a card in it).  It's hooked up
to my cable box via an analog cable and I tune the cable box with an
Iguana IR transmitter (from http://iguanaworks.net/).

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for TV Tuner Cards with the best drivers for Linux (Ubuntu??)
>
> Needing to integrate multiple cards with multiple channels.
>
> Suggestions?
> Recommendations?
>
> Casey DuBois
> 616-808-6942
> casey at grlug.org

> believed to be clean.

Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/
   Weblog: http://ronsapartment.blogspot.com/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64