[GRLUG] Google problem?

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:31:38 EDT 2011

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/11/blekko-duckduckgo-partner/

**
On the other, there is Gabriel Weinberg, a one-man band who has built
DuckDuckGo <http://duckduckgo.com/> into a favorite of web geeks who haunt
Reddit<http://www.gabrielweinberg.com/blog/2010/03/my-duck-duck-go-reddit-ad-by-the-numbers.html>
(owned
by Wired.com’s parent corporation) and Hacker News. Using the web results
from Bing (via BOSS <http://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/>) and a custom
crawler designed to find and remove spam from results, Weinberg is now
handling 2 million queries a month.
**

Apparently duckduckgo is basically Bing
with a filter.