[GRLUG] Baby Monitors - Will bring it back to Linux promise

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 21:22:27 EDT 2011

Well we are expecting our second kid in November(another boy if any
one is interested) and we are putting our first kid downstairs.  We
would like to get a video baby monitor for that room.  Upon looking at
them at all the baby stores the price seems to be ~$250.  I'm thinking
for that money I'd look into something a little more robust.  Maybe
tie into the net and after the need for a baby monitor, could be used
as a security camera setup in conjunction with some Linux box.

Anyone have any experience with this?  Any suggestions.

Share and Enjoy
Ben