[GRLUG] Linux use

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 14:39:52 EDT 2011

From a personal use perspective, normal people I know don't care which
OS they are running.  The days of OS fandom seem to be slipping away.
The occasional jibe I hear is more like an echo of a formet day.   The
questions revolve around whether they can do what they need to do and
how often the computer gets in their way.   I use a mac at work and
now arch at home.  Even though the mac has more polish, I think I'm
more productive at home.

From a business perspective, I'm amazed at how the specialized
software rules the OS decisions.  For example, we have some users on
PPC macs because the software I helped write 12 years ago still needs
to run.  We may get to rewrite it soon and if we do, it will be web
based.

--
Roger

Roger Roelofs