[GRLUG] mysql 'purge'

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Aug 16 15:10:57 EDT 2011

Question - is anyone aware of a simple way to purge records from a mysql
[by aging a timestamp] in a cron job? Writing a program is too
complicated, ..

> I could write SQL code to delete records over, say, seven days, .. BUT

> The more complicated part is that each of those records includes a
filename that also must be deleted. My first thought would be to do a
select and dump to a temporary file, then run xargs [?] on that file to
delete the system files, but wanted to check if I missed something.

	Lee