[GRLUG] Xoom as external monitor

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Aug 11 21:58:08 EDT 2011

My laptop (Lenovo/Ubuntu 10.04) has a dead screen, so I've been remote
desktopping using NoMachine.

Just wondering if it's somehow feasible to use my new Xoom as an
external monitor for the Lenovo rather than trying to remote desktop in
from the Xoom. So far I haven't had much luck with remote desktop.
PocketCloud worked but it took about 15 seconds for each command to be
carried out--hardly practical. The Teamviewer/Wine app on my Lenovo
crashes as soon as I connect from the Xoom: I can see the desktop (but
not the error message) and move the cursor but can't do anything from
the Xoom.

I've gotten as far as getting the laptop to connect with the Xoom, but
that looks like it's basically a setup for transferring files between
the two.

Thanks.