[GRLUG] Worried about my laptop's temperature control

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Thu Aug 4 21:30:49 EDT 2011

I bought mine new, but almost three years ago, and it's been running
perfectly, minus some really minor annoyances. the biggest of those is
that the chassis has a second hard drive bay, and the piece of
motherboard that extends into it clearly has solder points for a second
hard drive connector, but there's no connector! I would love to put an
SSD in there, but I don't know if it's possible to a) find a connector,
b) find somebody who can solder it in, and c) whether those solder
points are actually wired to a SATA chip.

But at the moment I'm just interested in why the thing runs so hot!