[GRLUG] ssh timed out

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Aug 4 16:00:39 EDT 2011

Hypothesis: I need to use NX to get from my windows machine to my linux
machine (dead screen) to use ssh on the latter. Since the server I'm
trying to access from inside the office is also the LAN router, does
that "occupy" port 22 so I can't then ssh from the linux box to the
server/router? Whereas, when I'm ssh-ing to that server from the outside
I'm not tying up its port 22? But, on the other hand, I'm now using port
22 twice on the linux box when I use NX to get to the linux box and then
use ssh from the linux box to an outside box?