[GRLUG] Chrome OS on your computer

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:48:08 EDT 2011

Unfortunately drivers do still break. The best solution I've found for a
broken wireless driver is to file a bug report, buy a $5 wireless dongle,
and use it until the issue is resolved. I had this situation with my EeePC
901 from about Ubuntu 9.04 - 10.10.

For someone that wants to learn the deep Linux magic, I guess messing around
with downloaded drivers is a good thing. For someone that just wants a
usable system, messing with non-blessed packages in Ubuntu is likely to
bring you pain upon upgrades.

 Ben Rousch
   brousch at gmail.com
   http://clusterbleep.net/