[GRLUG] G.R. Housing [Was: not a linux question]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Apr 27 13:04:00 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 10:06 -0400, Nick Sinclair wrote:
> I've got a non-linux question for everyone. I've recently started a
> new job in Grand Rapids but I live in Kalamazoo. I'm already tired of
> the commute and am starting to look at apartments/condos for the next
> year or two but I'm not too familiar with the area.. I know many of
> you live in/around grand rapids, so I wanted to ask for
> recommendations on decent areas to look. I'll be around the 131/196
> cross most of the time. If there are any suggestions please let me
> know.

I live in the Highland Park district which is just north east of
downtown (and the 131 / 196 interection).  Highland Park is north of the
196 / College Ave exit.  It is very close to downtown but separated from
downtown by the 196 freeway valley and with only College Ave as a
through-way there is very little traffic.  Plus there is a higher than
average amount of green-space.

There are several apartment complexes in the district
<http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LmFwYXJ0bWVudHMlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NDIuOTc3MjE5NTg0MzcxJTdlLTg1LjY0ODkyOTQxNzA5MTclN2U0Mi45NjgxNzYzMTU1OTEzJTdlLTg1LjY2Mjk4NDE5MjMyOTg=>

For residential renting check out rentgr.com
<http://rentgr.homemi.net/SearchListings.aspx>