[GRLUG] New (Linux friendly!) Business in Zeeland

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:04:34 EDT 2011

Neat! That's not terribly far from where I live and work. Are those
in-stock values live?

I know they're conveniently cheap, but I strongly, strongly, strongly
recommend against SAMSUNG 1TB drives specifically, and SAMSUNG drives
generally. They've got horridly buggy firmware, and I've had amazingly
poor luck with them. Though there are people who may honestly say the
same about any brand, but there aren't many brands you can see
firmware work-arounds for as command-line parameters in smartctl...