[GRLUG] 4g "ymax"

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:55:23 EDT 2010

>From my understanding 4g is all IP based and is an extension of the 802.11
standard with a larger spectrum.
Things should behave in general more like you are on a wifi network.
Just imagine forwarding your own IP telephony connection to a phone in your
house?

Right now when I get on the internet with my phone - the actual internet
connection pops out in Virginia... I gotta assume the way the infrastructure
is fashioned presents a huge bottleneck to the carriers.

It will never happen but I really want my Television to ring when my cell
phone is called without having a "meta-number".