[GRLUG] PHP -> SASL?

Bill Littlejohn billl at mtd-inc.com
Thu Nov 4 12:11:59 EDT 2010

> Have you looked at PEAR? My problem is that it seems to require a local MTA,
> which would require system changes that I'm not sure we want to dig into.

PEAR is just the PHP extensions repository. There is a SASL extension
in PEAR, but it's not actively developed. That tells me that there is
a better way.

PHPMailer seems to be the tool of choice.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Apps/thread?tid=36b1829034275f2f&hl=en
http://mediakey.dk/~cc/send-email-using-php-phpmailer-and-gmail/

That's what I would do if I needed to send emails from PHP.
You may also need to set and SPF record on your DNS.

In my case I needed stupid devices to be able to send emails, so I
haven't tried PHPMailer.
-Bill