[GRLUG] Ubuntu 10.10 review

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:50:34 EDT 2010

Bob,

On 11/3/10 12:41 PM, Bob Kline wrote:

> Anyone have any serious downside issues
> with 10.10?  All of my experiences have been
> positive.
>
> Many reviews seems split on 10.4 -vs-10.10.
> Maybe for good reasons, maybe because it's
> trendy.

I'm mostly satisfied.  I have two odd glitches that I didn't have in
10.4, and neither is bad enough to make me want to go back.

1.  hibernate hangs and I have to manually power it down.  When i turn
it back on it doesn't seem to know I tried to hibernate and just boots
normally.
2.  when I resume after a suspend (not after hibernate because of
problem 1), the network interface doesn't come up.  So far it has been
easier for me to type the one liner to bring up the interface than track
down where the problem is.

Roger
roger.roelofs at gmail.com