[GRLUG] Ubuntu Lucid & nvidia

Luan Pham luanlx.louie at gmail.com
Fri May 14 02:34:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 01:52 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> >>  and was rebooted into low graphics mode, the nvidia kernel module
> >> failed to load.
> >
> > Look like the latest Nvidia kernel have a lot of problem.  I doing
> ok
> > with ATI and Intel so far.
>
> 10.04 does not play nice at all with the ATI Radeon 5770. I had to
> yank mine out and go back to onboard until I got everything else
> working again. (Which I haven't, yet; can't seem to get it to
> auto-start an md device my /home is supposed to be mounted from.)

So far I had good luck with AMD 64 bits Lucid version, and I gradually
got every else to work well since I had been using Mandriva for a long
time.  Latest Mandriva kernel update it hose the whole /home directory
so bad, so I goes it Fedora 12 64 bits version and it will my whole HD
after three days of using it.  Now I had been using Ubuntu for last week
or so and so far so good.