[GRLUG] new mouse

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Mar 29 11:16:05 EDT 2010

At 03:28 PM 3/26/2010, you wrote:

>I love my old Trackman Vista.  The ball is on the fingers though, not the
>thumb.  An optical version with a scroll-wheel would meet my definition of
>perfect.

The only decent replacements on the market today are Kensington -
they make at least three models with nicely sized trackballs - none
of the thumball junk like Logitech. The Pro models are $70+, but a
NICE replacement for my old Microspeed units (especially that they
come PS/2 instead of RS232).

It was a little tricky to get the button configuration correct in
xorg.conf, .. and the Pro has a tendency to go bananas (spurious
clicks) when switching between machines running on a KVM, but not big
problems. The problem I have seen occur when switching from Windoze
to X, so I don't know if it's an issue with the h/w or the Windoze driver.

         Lee