[GRLUG] bad commands

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Fri Mar 12 19:31:25 EST 2010

> Are there any commands you type incorrectly so often that you make an
> alias for it?

The trouble is, any time you move to a new system, you have to create them
all over again.   There are a couple of things I do though for Unidata.
Unidata has a CT command which is analogous to the cat command.  However
it is a short paragraph in the VOC, and uses GO in the paragraph, to go to
an end point in the paragraph.  However the people who designed the
application repurposed the GO coomand to start the application.  So I
always go in and change GO to GOTO, which accomplishes the same thing.
The other thing I do is create a VOC pointer that is a DIR type pointer to
the directory I am in.  This allows me to treat all the files in the
current directory as if they were simply records in a file.  Very handy.
But other than that, I just use the commands of whatever system I am in,
be it DOS or *nix.  You know the plain vanilla stuff is always there and
will work.