[GRLUG] "Contact Manger" solutions?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:22:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> A friend of mine wants to track contacts for a new business venture so
> that everyone can see who the organization is talking with, ... but that's
> all [at this time]. The vast majority of other CRM solutions, then are WAY
> overkill.
>
> The compounding factor is that he doesn't really know he wants or they
> will be needing [of course]!
>
> Does anyone have any recommendation for a starting point or seen any sort
> of feature comparison of *OS* projects that I could show him?

There is recurring discussion of a VMWare appliance for OpenGroupWare,
but that's all I know of for turnkey-like solutions.

As for other things to try:
* Citadel (groupware solution)
* Google Docs for Domains (with ActiveSync syncing and all that jazz)

An LDAP server would let you share contacts, too, but I don't know
*anything* about how to set one of those up.