[GRLUG] Sound issues

Jeff DeFouw jeffd at i2k.com
Tue Jun 22 04:29:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 02:19:51PM -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
> A while back I mention that I am having problems with the sound system
> under Kubuntu 10.04. While playing a long list of tunes, using Amarok,
> it just quits, usually between track.

I tried Amarok 2 a while back and had frequent weird problems with
playback and the interface.  In some menu there was a selection for
which sound backend to use (phonon?).  Changing it to a different one
fixed those problems.  gstreamer was also pulling in a bad plugin that
was getting in the way.  Your problem sounds different, but it's worth
investigating.

--
Jeff DeFouw <jeffd at i2k.com>