[GRLUG] [GR-Jug] Next week: Using Git with Subversion

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Fri Jun 11 13:26:19 UTC 2010

Hey GRLUG,

What's Goin On??

I wanted to share this GR Java User Group meeting with you.
Casey

Using Git with Subversion
Presented by Carlus Henry

Please RSVP at http://gr-jug.org/rsvp/ if you're planning on coming.

Thu, June 17
5:30pm Networking
6:00-7:00 Presentation

After watching Linus Torvalds Google Talk about Git, I was eager to
start using it immediately due to all of the productivity gains.
Unfortunately, I work in an environment that uses Subversion and using
Git was out of the question....until I learned about git-svn.

During this presentation, I will show you how to use Git with
Subversion.  I will also share with you real life experiences that Git
has allowed me to do things that would have been impossible with
Subversion or at least extremely difficult and time consuming.  If you
are working in a Subversion environment and you want the productivity
gains that comes with the use of Distributed Version Control Systems
(DVCS), then this is the talk for you.

Calvin College's Science Bldg 382 (http://www.calvin.edu/map/)

http://gr-jug.org