[GRLUG] Affordable MP3/OGG Audio Players (Preferably works with/uses Linux)

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Jul 8 14:43:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:36:15AM -0400, topher at t1kdevelopment.com wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
>
> >Sansa Clip
> >
> >You can even use Rockbox on it, I heard that it gets better battery
> >life , but I would think most of the games/plugins would be worthless.
>
> Ditto.  I have the 2G and it holds plenty.  Nice long battery life.
> I got the 2G from woot a while back for about $15.  I would imagine
> an 8G would still be udnder $50.

A quick google shows you can get the 4GB for around $40 but the 8GB will
be around $55.  4GB is a lot of music.  It's nothing compared to
Topher's sixteen-month collection, but it's a lot.

> >On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Matthew <matthew.milzarski at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>I would prefer to keep this under $50 and even better under $25.
> >>My wife and I are going to the hospital for new baby. Need a decent audio
> >>player that's easy to load but don't necessarily need video.
> >>Any suggestions?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Matthew Milzarski
> >>616.284.1121 Res
> >>206.203.3466 Fax
> >>matthew.milzarski at gmail.com
> >>
> >>--
> >>This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >>believed to be clean.

john-thomas
------
I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding
have not a single political argument left.
Margaret Thatcher