[GRLUG] off-topic: HP printer woes

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Jul 2 21:37:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 03:21:44PM -0400, Lijewski, Scott A wrote:
> Does the network light come on either the printer or router when you
> plug it in?  Can you connect to the router admin interface and see if
> it recognizes a device is plugged in to that port?
>
> Scott Lijewski

The lights flash at the network cable on the printer and the light
flashes for the port on the router.  If I connect a laptop to that port
with that cable, DHCP works as expected.

john-thomas
------
The trade of governing has always been monopolized by the most ignorant and
the most rascally individuals of mankind.
Thomas Paine, philosopher and writer (1737-1809)