[GRLUG] Need SATA controllers.

mikemol at gmail.com mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 02:09:17 EST 2010

I'm in need of an unusual combination of components, and it's been difficult to find ones that fit the requirements.

In one machine, I need four additional internal SATA controller ports. I have a PCI slot and a PCIe 1x slot I can use for the purpose.

In the other machine, I need 10 SATA ports. I have two PCI slots and four PCI-X 64-bit 100MHz (or lower) slots.

The *really* tricky part of it is...I don't need hardware-accelerated RAID and all of the expense associated with that. All I really want is a few controllers that won't crap out on me.