[GRLUG] OpenOffice.org as Access replacement

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:04:49 EST 2010

I'm looking at creating a simple database with a front end.  Nothing
fancy just want to keep track of a board game that I play.  Has anyone
used OO.org Base and has any tips, or where to look for documentation,
any good books?

I assume it would should be written in Starbasic, but googling it, I
see you can use many languages.  Not being proficient in any of them
(including Starbasic), would it be better to learn , say, python and
the Uno interfaces, then to write it in Starbasic?

Should I skip using OO.org Base and instead look into another
solution?  I would like to learn something cross platform so I could
do projects for work as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Share and Enjoy
Ben