[GRLUG] "network is unreachable"

mikemol at gmail.com mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:17:45 EST 2010

If you're running GNOME, look in the Notification Area for an icon that looks like a couple cables connected to each other.  Right-click on it, and verify that "Enable Networking" is checked.

If it is checked, click on "Edit Connections", and check the settings of your connections in there. Unfortunatly, I can't give you good defaults, as my box is set up in a rather peculiar fashion to handle routing between broadband, a wifi bridge, virtual machines and a VPN.