[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - FCC to vote on net neutrality later today.

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:05:59 EST 2010

Interesting. Spurious broadcasts
long been seen as serious.

Now, how about a 25 foot pole,
a server, and an 802.11n router,
with an outside range of as much
as 800 feet.  Just a $100 item.

You've got yourself a radio station.
Call it a micro station. The receiver can
be any of the "Internet radios" that are
increasingly common.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-R227-Internet-Radio-Black/dp/B001O84M3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1293069719&sr=8-1

This one works wonderfully.  It has a
very sensitive receiver. I see the prices
has actually gone up, so it might be selling
well. Despite what the feedback says, it's
easy to set up.

There are many other models and
brands now.

   -- Bob