[GRLUG] Caviar black & green

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:13:53 EST 2010

When I worked for Geek Squad in 2005 we had the same question.
If you look at the serial numbers on the drives, I believe the first 2
digits (if I am remembering correctly) signifies the factory in which the
drive is manufactured.
The black and the green drives are manufactured in different factories - so
there is a difference.
Maybe it only comes down to quality control differences?