[GRLUG] GR area ISPs

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:37:03 EST 2010

It's worth pointing out here: if you have an office in a larger
building with other tenants, you can probably set yourself up as an
ISP, splitting the cost of that T3.

I won't touch U-Verse yet, as they use 802.1x to verify that their
customers are using the 2-Wire modem/router they provide--and that
device is a POS by all accounts.

I don't touch Comcast, currently, as I'm in an apartment complex--the
local loop is going to be swamped.

If anyone knows how to find an accurate and complete list of ILECs
that service a particular region (or even address), that'd be a
really, *really* useful piece of information.