[GRLUG] Rosetta Code Question [Was: Deserializing JSON in .NET (C#)]

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:20:24 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 22:41 -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> I bet you'd look on rosetta code if there were a page for it ;)  I
>> started http://rosettacode.org/wiki/JSON
>> Mike, btw, I'd suggest removing JSON as a language altogether.
>
> If I implement a solution *using an assembly* does that count as a
> solution?  I see the "import json" example for Python, while on the
> other hand the json_decode is more or less built into PHP.  So if I
> write a decoder in C# using "using Hyena.JSON" does that could as a "C#
> solution"?

Yes. The usual way that would work would be:

(start example)
=={{header|C sharp|C#}}==
{{libheader|Hyena}}
<lang csharp>// C# code</lang>
(/end example)

Template:libheader identifies the library which was used. (There's no
specific rule about non-public libraries, but I would strongly
discourage it)

C# is an odd duck. Because of the hash character, we have to think of
it internally as C sharp, and display it as C#, otherwise links to it
wind up at C. Before moving to VPS, a bug in Apache's mod_rewrite
forced us to do the same thing with C++. (Moving to a VPS server
allowed us to run a newer version of Apache.)